T’was the Night Before Test Day
- Wednesday, 30 May 2018 11:21
Do you have a big test or exam coming up?
Review these suggestions to make the most of the hours before your big event.
TIPS FOR TEST DAY — AND THE NIGHT BEFORE
- Exercise before an exam to manage your stress level.
- Take a break from studying as the exam time approaches. Do something fun for a few hours.
- Pack your backpack or school bag on the night before your exam. Bring everything you need: admission ticket, 3-4 lead pencils, an eraser, 2 ink pens, a sweater (in case it’s cold in the test room).
- Set your alarm, and have a back up alarm.
- Sleep well the night before the exam.
- Get up early enough on test day to do a quick content review.
- Try to stay relaxed.
- Learn no new material on the day of the exam.
- Eat! Don’t take a big test on an empty stomach. Eat complex carbs and some protein. Hydrate – but not too much! 🙂
- Plan your travel to the test location: directions, parking, public transit, time needed. Arrive 10-15 minutes early for your test.
- Get psyched! You are ready. You have prepared for this test.
Good luck on your exams!
You can do it!
If you’re in a bind and need advice about cramming for your exam, read this!
Tips on writing a multiple choice test are in this blog post.
Strategies for writing a math exam are on my blog. Read this!
For other study suggestions and strategies, look at all the topics on my blog.